Monday 16 March 2020

Nepenthes, Short Film, Review And Interview

Posted on 20:04 by Mordiadi


The doubly deceptive title, Nepenthes, gives this short film a stronger impact of what so many go through in their troubling life of finding something they can be a part of. A tale of wanting something to ease the pain of loneliness versus being trapped.

Nepenthes was screened at the 2019 FilmQuest film festival (website).

This Canadian horror film plays on what we do because of love and loneliness.

Synopsis: Max is desperate to make a meaningful connection, but when she decides to meet an online dating match at home she gets herself into a painfully sticky situation.

Ariel Hansen wrote and directed Nepenthes. She was willing to share what inspired her to make this movie and to be a film maker. She was also kind enough to share some thoughts about what she like to be doing when not writing a script or looking through a camera.

What was the inspiration for Nepenthes?

When writing this film, I was inspired by the world of online dating and how horrifically wrong it can go. Originally, I wanted to make a ghost story, but then I remembered an old creepypasta I'd read that inspired me to make the monstrous circumstances a little... different.

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

I just wrapped shooting my next short film called Clout. It centres around a social media influencer and her fall from internet grace with a healthy dose of body horror and a pinch of sci-fi.
 

What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

I actually don't remember a time in my life where I didn't want to pursue a career in film, ever since I was a little kid I've been obsessed with being a part of the film and tv world, initially aiming for acting since it was the part of the industry I could see the most of. Maybe I was inspired by the sheer volume of movies and tv shows I ended up watching as an only child.

What would be your dream project?

Well I would definitely love to direct for Blumhouse someday, but there is one project that I have an idea for a film that I would love to make. The only problem is it would have to be either a sequel or remake to Cujo because it too is about a rabid dog trapping people in a car, just under very different circumstances. Aside from that I want to journey into the occult and folk horror in the future.

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

I absolutely love gardening, especially growing fruits and vegetables. This year I even tried pickling some of my vegetables and I must say that they turned out quite delicious. When my hands aren't in the dirt I also enjoy sewing and curling up on the couch with a good comic book, my cat and a pot of tea.

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

I'm a big fan of John Carpenter's The Thing. It's one of the first real horror films I remember watching on TV as a kid to really creep me out, especially with the amazing practical FX. It was also the film I saw with my partner on our first date at the local independent theatre so it now holds a very special place in my heart.

You can watch the trailer for Nemethis on You Tube (link).

You can also find out more about Nepentheson

IMDb (link)

Facebook (link)

Twitter (link)

Instagram (link)

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).





No Response to "Nepenthes, Short Film, Review And Interview"

Leave A Reply

BTC

Doge

LTC

BCH

DASH

Tokens

SAMPAI JUMPA LAGI

SEMOGA ANDA MEMPEROLEH SESUATU YANG BERGUNA